The Peaceful Painter
A unique online learning experience to help you gain confidence painting with acrylics, conquer your inner critic and feel empowered to paint your way.
What is The Peaceful Painter?
An online membership packed full of monthly tutorials, resources and inspiration. Every month will have a brand new theme and you’ll receive a combination of painting exercises, step-by-step video tutorials and inspiring creative challenges to spark your ideas. Just like my in person classes, I’ll provide just the right balance between technical instruction and freedom to explore. Both aspects are equally important in helping you build confidence and discover your unique inner artist.
What will I get each month?
- A ‘Brush Up’ video tutorial showing you all the tips and techniques you need for the monthly theme. This is a chance for you to experiment and master new techniques. If you’re a beginner you’ll love seeing techniques broken down in detail and having the chance to test them out. If you already have some experience, this is an important step in making sure you are always revisiting the basics.
- An in-depth ‘Paint With Me’ video tutorial to guide you step by step to create a finished painting. I provide clear descriptions of my process at every stage and the class is designed to be easy for you to follow along at your own pace. Reference photographs and any other resources you may need are included with the tutorial.
- A ‘Paint Your Way’ challenge designed to to help you grow as an artist and discover your own unique painting style. You’ll get an inspiration pack relating to the month’s theme which might include reference images, examples and prompts. You’ll be encouraged to respond to the theme in your own way, an important step in helping you to find your own style as a painter. Don’t worry though, there’s absolutely no pressure! The important thing here is to relax and have fun creating your art.
- ‘Connect and Reflect’ When you’re learning something new it is so important to pause and look back at how far you’ve come. I’ll be checking in to see how you’re getting on and we’ll be celebrating your progress. I’ll also host a live group ‘Q & A’ video call where I’ll answer any questions and chat about all things painting. If you can’t make it to the live call, you’ll still have access to the replay so you won’t miss out.
- Access to ‘The Knowledge Library’, a growing resource of foundational acrylic painting techniques such as mark making, brush control and colour mixing. This will be updated with new video content and articles as your membership develops.
What if I need some guidance?
- You'll still be able to ask me questions and get feedback just like you would at an in-person class. Add comments to your tutorials and even post images of your work for me to review.
- Be part of a supportive community of other painters via my private student’s Facebook group. Engage with your fellow students for even more inspiration, motivation and encouragement.
How will I access the classes?
- Via the Peaceful Painter website for which you'll be sent login information when you sign up.
- Access on any device and learn from the comfort of your own home. As long as you have a good internet connection you’ll be able to view your content from a computer, tablet or smartphone.
- 24/7 access to content so you can fit learning into your own schedule.
- Your classes will not expire and you can access them for as long as you remain a member. So you can revisit the tutorials at any time and take as long as you need to complete your projects.
Why acrylic paints?
Acrylic painting is my speciality! They are incredibly versatile so are perfect for exploring many different art styles. They're also affordable, water based and quick drying which makes them ideal for painting at home. If you don't already have acrylics at home I'll be providing a list of recommended materials and links so you can get everything you'd need.
How much will it cost?
There’s no big upfront cost required, you’ll simply pay a great value monthly price to be a member of the site.
I’ll be giving away a special ‘Founding Member’ price of just £20 per month for the first 50 members! (Regular price £25 per month)
If you sign up and find it’s not for you, it’s easy to cancel your membership at any time.
I’ll be launching The Peaceful Painter very soon! To register your interest and be the first to know when memberships are available just fill in your details below and write ‘Membership’ in the message. If you have any questions feel free to add those in the box too.
I’m so excited to get started and can’t wait to welcome you!